Pages

Thursday 26 September 2019

When I felt proud of myself.

        Helping Nana with her vertigo
Image result for vertigo


“Lydia”!!! Shouted Nana, I sprinted to the lounge thinking is she hurt what happened?!? I saw Nana laying on the ground “WHAT HAPPENED”!!! “I fainted” said Nana, and after she said that she fainted again. I knew it was her Vertigo, Vertigo is a symptom where a person feels as if they or the objects around them are moving when they are not.  Vertigo is the most common type of dizziness. So I helped Nana up And helped her to her bed and made her a tea and checked if she was ok.



The next day Nana called the hospital for an appointment. The doctor said she couldn’t drive for 3 weeks. Nana was furious, everytime she wants to be alone in the car she can’t go which causes arguments because Aunty says she will drive her to PAK’nsave or countdown. So I had to help with dinner. 



Then 2 days later when I was at school my baby cousin Lacey, my Uncle and Nana were at home and Nana passed out, luckily she was on the bed. Unfortunately, I saw the ambulance at my neighbours house because Mrs Jannie twin had lung cancer. I wondered...Does nana need an ambulance too? Should she be in the hospital? What if I am at school and she passes out? At least there will be nurses to care for her at the hospital.



Waking up from my thoughts I asked Nana “How are you” ? and she told me she had another appointment that day and that I should stay  at home. Uncle would take her. I hoped everything would be alright.  About 2 to 3 hours had passed and  they finally came back they found out she was just tired and she was getting better.



A few weeks later Nana had another appointment and doctors declared her well.

All these days, I had looked after nana. I had cooked, washed dishes, made her ginger tea and soup when she needed it.

 I felt great about myself because I had helped her become better.




One day when she was almost good she said “ Thank you for looking after me. Can we go out to Burger King to celebrate.” 



By Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment