Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

summer learning journey top 3 favorite facts

1. Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the sunrise because it is 496.3 kilometers away from the International Date Line.

2. It is one of the three countries in the world that has two official national anthems of equal standing.  The first is God Save the Queen and the other is God Defend New Zealand.

3. The country is part of the Pacific Rim of Fire and its most active volcano is Mount Ruapehu, found in the middle of the North Island.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lydia,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. How nice is to see that your are actively engaging on completing the activities, way to go! I am here to comment and support your posts and guide you through this program.

    Thanks for sharing such a cool and curious facts about New Zealand! I just love the fact that we are the 1st country in the world to see the sunrise, I think it would be very special to be there to welcome the new year, don't you agree?
    Furthermore, I think is fascinating and scary that we still have active volcanoes such as Mount Ruapehu. I would love to go there and do a hike on Summer!
    Well done on completing this first activity and keep up with the good work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete